My husband and I were blessed to welcome our daughter Emily into the world on May 24th. We are so excited to be parents and are looking forward to raising her.
Its been almost a month since she was born and life for us certainly has changed. Simple outings are no longer so simple and it certainly is no longer just hop in the car and go. I think we're adjusting to our new life rather nicely, although I'm sure a few more hours of sleep wouldnt hurt ;).
I'm enjoying my new job as a stay at home mom. Its definitely an adjustment for everyone involved. It is in no way an easy job especially with a newborn. I still havent mastered the art of cleaning the house and taking care of her, although I have been able to perform certain tasks like unloading the dishwasher, laundry, and making dinner during longer nap times.
I thank God every day that I'm able to take on this role in the household and pray that God will provide me with the strength to fulfill the responsibilities that go along with it.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)
No comments:
Post a Comment