I love the verse Isaiah 9:6 at Christmas time. To me it really puts the whole holiday into perspective. We get so caught up in gifts, decorations, and shopping that we sometimes lose sight of what we're even celebrating. This year in particular I've had some trouble getting gifts in from all the websites I've ordered from, I've turned down going to visit with friends to get decorating or shopping done and then on Wednesday night, while sitting in church, I realized it doesn't really matter if the gifts are wrapped perfectly or if I have the house decorated to the nines... We're celebrating the birth of our Savior and nothing really compares to that.
I went on Facebook this morning to find everyone wishing everyone else a Merry Christmas eve and complaining about how stressful the day is going to be doing all the last minute running around and wrapping. I posted and Merry Christmas followed with Isaiah 9:6... I don't know how many people will honestly read it, but I'm hoping that someone will look at it and remember what Christmas is really all about!
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)
No comments:
Post a Comment