Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back to the daily grind...

All of the family has left and it is back to business as usual around the Clark household. Shadow is going to daycare on his normal days and he no longer has 2 playmates. I am alone watching Emily so I have to be very aware of her sleeping/eating schedule, and there is no help making dinner or getting everything cleaned up after a meal. I have to say that I miss having a full house. There is nothing like having loved ones here to help you out when you need it most.

With all of that said... We're starting to fall into quite a nice schedule. Emily is consistently getting up around 7am so that means I'm up at 7am. We're still doing feedings every 2-3 hours depending on how long she is up after her feedings or how cranky she is when she gets up. She has gone as long as 4 hours if she's in a really good mood. I'm thankful that I have the 2 hour stretches to eat breakfast/lunch and to keep my house in order.

I'm still trying to tackle taking Emily with me when I go to the grocery store. She really isnt a big fan of being in the car seat for long periods of time. I know once she's able to sit up on her own she'll be doing a lot better... until then, I have to keep her in the car seat. I will attempt to tackle grocery shopping this Wednesday. I'm thinking about tackling Walmart on Monday and Giant and Shoppers on Wednesday. Its double ad Wednesday at Shoppers meaning their ads overlap by one day so for one day you can shop sales from 2 different ads, plus they double coupons up to 99 cents. Giant is offering a doubler coupon so if I use my coupons that I've carefully collected along with the sale ad, I can potentially save a ton of money. We'll see how that pans out.

We've been looking for a new church home. We visited Emmanuel Baptist Church on Sunday and we agreed that it wasnt a good fit for us due to the fact that the pastor was a little too casual and the service seemed to lack reverence and it almost seemed like we were in a concert and not a church service. I did appreciate the testimony a gentleman gave at the end of the service during the invitation. It was very moving. Tomorrow we will be visiting the Prince William Campus of McLean Bible Church. I know several people who have been to McLean Bible and left after many years of worship there due to convictions. From what I know of the church, I cant say that it will end up being out permanent church home, but I've asked the Lord to open our hearts to be willing to accept wherever the Lord wants us to be. I know that God has a plan for us to find a church home, and whether we find it tomorrow or weeks down the road, every church we visit and form convictions about, is helping us grow stronger and more solid in our beliefs. Visiting churches has also allowed my husband and I to communicate more about religion and values.

We shall see the work that God is going to do in our hearts tomorrow. We'll see whether or not God has a plan for us to stay at MBC-PW or to move on to another church.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment